Thursday, February 11, 2010

2009 Kits Retired ~ WAHOO!!!

Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Life on the {Scrap}beach!

Last night June I posted a video on how I make my page kits: Making Page Kits. I store all my completed page kit together in a canvas tote & lately have noticed that even though it is stuff with kits, I am not feeling hugely inspired by any of them. Which means it was time to "retire" the ones that I am not reaching for anymore to make room for new kits that will inspire me.

Well, dismantling a kit and returning the items to my stash is quite the large job & so I must admit that I don't do it as often as I should. When I find that I always skip a particular page kit and never reach for it anymore I take it apart ~ anything left in the kit gets returned to my stash and I now have an empty sleeve for a new kit.

It takes some time to do this, though, because I have to sort out my paper by color, cut down all my scraps to the right sizes, put the embellishments back in their drawers, etc. This is why sometimes I will avoid retiring a kit for a while. Anyways, I decided to just get it over with, however, and retire ALL of the ones I was tired of {which was most of them because I haven't retired a kit in about a year} over the last couple days and now I am DONE! WAHOO!

Just in time, too, because I have a big box coming to me today full of stuff from the new Prima CHA releases. I'm glad that there will actually be room for the stuff now. :D

~Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm jealous that your getting new prima :) Send some my way ;) Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on doing a project that isn't fun at all. I have had my scrap area torn up for months...just now starting to put it back together...DH was getting to serious about donating it all to Goodwill! lol. So I am off to clean up!

    Erin K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Thats got to feel good. Plus the reward of a box!!!
    Have fun.
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that's cool kathryn ,especially the you getting prima products awesomeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    i whent to michaels on saturday last week and i find some prima flowers i couldn't believe it ,they also have a paper stack from dcwc the vintage collage stack and the ciao bella ,i love this one is beatiful and what's more exciting for the stacks i only pay almost 8 dolars each ,great deal with coupon...
    have fun with the prima products !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I can't wait to see what you create with your new Prima products....congrats on having finished organizing the "unwanted" kits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathryn! OOOOh, I've seen some of those new Prima stuff--beautiful. Can't wait to see what you'll do with them.

    You know, I got the page kit idea from you and I've to admit it's made my scrapping life a whole lotta easier. Right now, nothing's being put to pasture yet because I still love looking at them lol! But you've a good system...if not used in a year, it gets retired.

    Happy Valentines!
    -Liz
    (who's just now catching up on your vids)

    ReplyDelete