Monday, October 11, 2010

Gonna Party Like a Rockstar ...

... er, probably not. But I am going to Scrapyland today to meet another batch of Miami scrappers. {It's an online store, but the warehouse is local & they will open it and let you shop if you are local and they are going to be on site during the time you want to come.} Sounds like there could be as many as nine or ten people there today ~ exciting! We're well on our way to making Miami scrapbooking paradise!

I made ten of these simple little Halloween tags to take with me as gifts for everyone:



I started by stamping "Forest Moss" Distress Ink directly on my misting mat. Then I sprayed the "Forest Moss" Distress Ink with "English Ivy" Glimmer Mist & dragged a #6 manila tag from staples through the mixture to create that mottled green background color.

While the tags were still wet, I ran them through my burlap embossing folder. I covered one side of the embossing folder in Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in "Blackbird" so that the embossing would be two-toned. Finally, I finished prepping the background by inking the edges and any light colored area in "Walnut Stain" Distress Ink.

Next I embossed the pumpkin image from the Inkadinkado "Happy Haunting" stamp set on black cardstock from American Crafts, using the "Terra Cotta" Adirondack Semi-Matte embossing powder by Ranger. I cut out the pumpkins leaving a slight black edge and stuck them to the tags with black foam tape.

Finally, I embellished the tag with some flowers, some Making Memories Tiny Alphas and a custom stick pin I put together. I added some fibers to the top and tied a skull charm around the fiber with a piece of string {aka ecru embroidery floss}. Then I signed the backs & now they're ready to take with me today!

I hope you enjoyed the tags & have a great day!

~Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

8 comments:

  1. Great tag!! Thanks for the tutorial...
    Have fun shopping with the scrap love!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous that you are all going shopping ....and that they all will get one of your SUPER cute tags! Can't wait to hear about your haul. HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what Olga makes you buy this time! Have a blast! Gorgeous tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tag is even MORE beautiful in person - thank you so much!!! It was great meeting you today Kathryn......we had such a wonderful time and we must do this again soon!!!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS TAG!! nice work.. very nice.. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this tag is so cute - I wish I were one of the girls receiving it - I'll bet they LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone, for the nice compliments on my tags! I think the gals enjoyed them & I had fun making them to share!

    It was awesome meeting all the new scrappers at Scrapyland! We had a nice lunch and did some fun shopping & I hope we can all get together soon!

    ReplyDelete