Wednesday, November 14, 2012

NEW VIDEO: Rabies, 12"x12" Layout

Hi, everyone!

Another layout for my sister's travel album! I made another little inroad into this paper pad, but I am starting to despair of ever finishing it. Paper pads are evil, I tell you, evil!

This 12"x12" layout is about my sister's decision to NOT get the rabies vaccine recommended by the State Department for people travelling to Southeast Asia. The rabies vaccine was both expensive and painful, so she decided to skip it. But then that meant she had to run and hide from every animal she encountered overseas, including the monkey in these photos from Cambodia.

Below are some pictures of the finished layout. Sorry about th glare, but once thisa type of layout is in a protector, it needs to stay there!



\


I filmed this layout coming together for my YouTube channel. You can watch the video below, or click this link to watch it over on YouTube: Rabies, 12"x12" Layout.





This video is a little bit different. Normally I make a lot of cuts in my videos in order to keep them under 15 minutes and show them in real time. This video I made fewer cuts, but I spend it up quite a bit. Let me know which way you prefer!

I hope to see you all tomorrow on USTREAM for more fun with the Bushel Box album! The bushel box album is an 8"x8" album done in a fall theme with the Bo Bunny "Apple Cider" collection. The classes will be offered online tomorrow from 2:00 - 4:00 PM and again from 9:00 - 11:00 PM Eastern USA time on my USTREAM channel.

Kathryn :D

9 comments:

  1. Great layout! Love the new format you've chosen on the video.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zandra! Nice to see you posting! Is everything starting to settle down for you after the hurricane, or are you still at your sister's house?

      Delete
  2. Your layout is cool, love the story behind it and the way you had the flap outside of the page protector. Either format is fine by me, I just like to see the process of the whole layout. Thanks Kathryn! Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shari! Thanks for weighing in. It seems like most people either do not care, or prefer the longer format with fewer cuts, so I'll do a few more like this and we'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  3. Love watching you create lay outs! I learn so much. I didn't mind this one sped up..I like to see everything that is done and I guess speeding it up shows that! either way is fine, tho!
    Your sister is very lucky to have a pro making her a scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! I don't think I want to speed them up to much more than this one was. I am pretty slow and deliberate when I scrapbook anyway, so it doesn't hurt to fast forward a little bit. :D

      Delete
  4. It is a great layout and a story I would not have thought to tell so more's the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's exactly the kind of story that is great to include for remembering years down the road. She will probably never forget that she went to Cambodia, but this little guy may get lost over the years. Now her monkey tormentor is immortalized forever! XD

      Delete