Thursday, May 16, 2013

NEW VIDEO: What Does Desdichaedo Mean?



I have a new layout and video to share with you today!
This one features papers from Park Bench collection by Fancy Pants Designs:
 


There was a challenge kicking around YouTube to explain the meaning behind your YouTube user id. Since that's a question I get asked from time to time, I decided to create a layout explaining some of the meaning behind it.


I wanted to play with layering circles on this layout - I love the movement it gives!


This sticker from My Mind's Eye was the perfect accent for this layout. Not only I am explaining the story behind my name, but the origins of the name are in a novel. Love the extra meaning it gives. Plus that yellow looks gorgeous over that blue doily.

I used Nestabilities to cut these circles from the papers in the collection.


I used circles throughout this layout to soften all the hard edges from the layers of patterned paper. This piece was my favorite - I love the black over the gold glitter (Martha Stewart).

That blue button is covering up a tear in the paper - opportunities for embellishment are everywhere!


I used a roller date stamp to add a date to this label from Jillibean Soup. I didn't actually have one that went back to 1982, but with some creative masking, I was able to make this one work just fine.

I love the layers of stickers here - just the right touch!


My title was a combination of Mini Market stickers by October Afternoon and DIY Thickers by American Crafts. Using all Thickers for such a long title would have been too much, but the combination of stickers keeps it from being overwhelming.

I used the Martha Stewart glitter to make my Thickers sparkle!


I filmed this layout coming together for my YouTube channel. You can watch the video below, or click this link to watch it over on YouTube: What Does Desdichaedo Mean?
  


 
Today's Thursday, so we have USTREAM starting at 2:00 PM Eastern USA time and again at 9:00 PM Eastern USA time. Join me on my USTREAM channel for fun chatting and lots of scrapbooking!

 
Kathryn :D

4 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhh, been wanting to know the story behind your name! I will happily watch this later today when I have a chance! And, as always, I'm sure I'll learn a lot more things, as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad your curiosity will finally be satisfied! :D I'm actually happy with this video - the layout turned out really nicely, and I have a couple really fun tips and tricks (altering a roller date stamp and making glittered embellishments). I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathryn On my computer the colors are so soft ! It is beautifully 'tender' contrasting by the violence of the activity represented. Nice balance. And also yes I confess my curiosity is satisfied..... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martine! I am glad your curiosity is satisfied. :)

      "Park Bench" is a lovely, soft collection. I chose it for the blues and gold which matched the colors of the photos, but also because the geometric patterns of stripes and chevrons matched the heraldic symbols on their uniforms and shields.

      Delete