Monday, October 8, 2012

NEW VIDEO: Hobbiton, 12"x24" Layout

Hi, everyone!

First of all, a very happy Thanksgiving to all our friends to the north! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with friends, family and super moist turkey! :)

I created another layout over the weekend. This one is a 12"x24" double layout, featuring pictures from my sister's trip to the Lord of the Rings "Hobbiton" set in New Zealand. She had lots of beautiful photos from that excursion, so I printed 14 of them out in a variety of sizes (I only used 11 in the end). I laid the photos out in a collage, which is a little out of my comfort zone, but I like how it looks. Using mainly photos as background paper really saves on supplies, too!

Here are some pictures of the completed layout:










The real challenge with this layout was the number and sheer size of some of the photos! It was a lot, even for a double page layout. It was difficult to put the photos down first and then decorate around them. Usually I choose my photos, decide on a layout & then build a background to highlight the photos. This was a bit backwards for me, but it was a nice challenge.

I filmed this layout coming together for my YouTube channel. You can watch the video below, or click the link to watch it over on YouTube: Hobbiton Layout.





I hope you're enjoying your week! I'll see you tonight for Christmas Card Camp over on my USTREAM channel. We'll be working with the Impression Obsession "Angel" stamp, which is available in my shop: Kathryn's Shop.




Christmas Card Camp starts at 9:00 PM Eastern USA time over on my USTREAM channel: Kathryn Scraps!

To convert Eastern USA time to your time zone, click here: Time Zone Converter.

Right now I'm headed off to Hobby Lobby! They just opened one 40 minutes from here, so I am off on a road trip to check it out. If I get anything cool, I'll show you tonight on USTREAM after Christmas Card Camp finishes.

See ya later!




~Kathryn :D

3 comments:

  1. Watched the video on youtube. I was inspired. Your large layout flowed and looked wonderful. (flowerofaugust)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great..i'm inspired to get back into layouts again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so enjoying your scrapbooking videos. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete