Saturday, February 23, 2013

New Mini Album: "My Love" Envelope Album

 
 
Yesterday I finished my last Valentine project of 2012:
 
 

 
I used the We R Memory Keepers new Envelope Punch Board to make six envelopes from the Bo Bunny "Love Letters" paper collection.
 
I used the measurements for the "6-Bar" envelopes, which hold a 5" x 6 1/2" card. That way I could put a 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" cardstock page inside each envelope and still have room to bind the envelopes with the Zutter Bind-It-All.
 
To see the assembly, check out the USTREAM recordings here:
 
 
 
In the following week's shows, I finished (almost) decoarting the album. Here are pictures of the finished book:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the finished project. It was a quick and easy album to make, and a great way to finish off the collection pack.
 
Now I am officially done with all Valentine projects for another year. Next Thursday we have the March installment of our Seasonal Layout series using the Bo Bunny "Snow Play" collection and the Authentique "Renew" collection. To see a fully supply list for the "Lucky Me" class, click here:
 
 
The Bo Bunny supplies stay the same each month as far as the papers, cardstock and embellishments go. You will need the 12.25" x 12.25" envelope, however, if you want to recreate the project exactly.
 
"Lucky Me" Layout class will be on February 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM Eastern USA time on my USTREAM channel.
I have USTREAM classes every Thursday afternoon from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Eastern USA time and then again Thursday evenings from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM Eastern USA time.

All classes and their recordings will be over on my USTREAM channel: Kathryn Scraps!

To convert Eastern USA time to your time zone, click here: Time Zone Converter.
Have a GREAT weekend!
Kathryn
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Love it! sorry I missed the video -- work -- somebody scheduled a call at 2 -- I should have just said I was busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work is ALWAYS getting in the way of fun stuff like scrapbooking. :)

      Delete
  2. Great job Kathryn! Love your mini.

    Tracey J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just started this series last night, because it took me awhile to figure out how to make envies (I can't believe how SLOW my brain is this year). Anyways, just had to thank you for showing the Bind-It-All template technique!!! That makes it so easy to use my BIA. I really hadn't used my BIA much because it was too fussy to get good results. Really didn't think the template would make much difference, but, wow, it worked like a dream, and I'm not afraid/hesitant to use that little pink machine now.
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you've conquered your BIA, Diana! I know the template seems like such a small thing, but it really does make all the difference! I hope you enjoy this envelope album - it was really fun and easy!

      Delete
  4. Hi Kathryn-
    I've just recently been able to watch the videos for this album and noticed there is no Video # 6 and no video after # 7, even though it appears you were in the middle of working after 7 crashed. If these videos exist, and if they are still available, is there any way to put your copies back on Ustream so we can watch them? Thanks so much and LOVE your creativity!

    katina01tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. USTREAM was having a really tough time during the filming of that album. Segments were shortened and/or lost due to crashes. A few chunks of the book are totally missing, and those videos are gone forever. They were never saved by USTREAM in the firt place, so I was never able to download them to save them. They're just lost. Sorry about that!

      Delete