Monday, April 13, 2009

100 YouTube Subscribers!

Hi, everyone! Welcome back to life on the {scrap}beach!

This weekend I reached over 100 subscribers to my YouTube Channel. I can't tell you all how truly humbled I am by your support. When I started making these videos, I had no idea that anyone would ever want to watch them! I am overwhelmed by your comments and your kindness.

Since this is such an exciting moment for me, I've decided to celebrate with a week of videos and some small giveaways! So sit back, relax and enjoy!

I hope I can continue to produce the kind of videos and blog content that you came here to see. And, as always, if there is anything special you would like to see, please don't hesitate to contact me here or over on YouTube.

Thanks again!

Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

3 comments:

  1. I discovered your videos actually last night and am loving them... You have such great ideas...... Keep them coming.

    Thanks
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn,
    You asked if there was anything in particular we are interested in seeing? I am curious how to maximize the amount of pictures per page without it appearing "junked up". I have stories to tell with my pictures but don't have the space, or cash, to have entire albums to dedicate to events.
    Thx,
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, welcome! I hope I can keep producing content that makes you want to stick around!

    Jill, I definitely think they key to incorporating several photos without a page looking cluttered is to keep the embellishments to a minimum. For me personally, I also find it helpful to vary the size of my photos for visual interest and to group similarly sized photos together -- usually in a "film strip" style.

    My "Leaving VA" layout uses eight photos: 1 2"x10", 1 4"x6", 1 5"x7" and 5 3"x4". I filmed the creation of this layout in two parts which are available on my YouTube channel.

    Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjkwLHjbjE
    Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktAjngU0FAs

    The above layout doesn't look cluttered to me. It is "full" in that there are not huge amounts of "white space" but it also isn't busy with embellishments.

    Many future layouts will have multiple pictures, as I tend not to do very many single picture layouts.

    I hope those videos give you some ideas & please let me know if you have any other questions, suggestions, etc. I really appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete