Wednesday, April 14, 2010

SOLD! Prima "Pastiche" Paperbag Album

Hi, everyone! Just a quick post to let you all know that the Prima "Pastiche" Paperbag Album sold on ebay for $192.51! Isn't that exciting!? I am so appreciative of and humbled by this appreciation of my work.

What's even better than that, though, is the ebayer who purchased the album only live 20 minutes away from me! So I offered to hand deliver the album {I wanted to keep it out of the hands of the USPS, if I possibly could} and was able to meet TWO fantastic Miami scrappers and mixed media artists! There are not a lot of scrappers and mixed media artists in South Florida, as far as I can tell, so to meet not one, but two, artists in one day was just so thrilling!

Marlene: Uniquely Ella

Olga: Art Mingle, Inc.

Be sure to check out both their blogs as these two women are bright, funny and AMAZINGLY talented artists! Plus, you'll want to get to know them a little bit since I'm sure we'll be hanging out again & you'll be seeing more of them and their stuff on my blog. :D

We looked through the album together, had dinner, drank wine & just chatted for hours like we had known each other for years. It is so awesome that we were brought together by something like an ebay auction ~ isn't the internet amazing!?

Marlene took pictures and videos of the three of us, so here's a peek of what I look like after a few glasses of wine ~ the earring kept falling out of my ear all night until we finally decided it needed to be put on a mini album:



If you're a member of the Life on the {Scrap}beach web community, you can check out the rest of Marlene's pictures of the big event here: Hand Delivering the Prima Pastiche Album. And if you're not a member of the Life on the {Scrap}beach web community, what are you waiting for? Sign up here & come see what all the fuss is about: Life on the {Scrap}beach.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!

~Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

6 comments:

  1. Thats just awesome!!! You guys look like you had a great time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn -

    That is fantastic, Congratulations! And how amazing is it that you also got to meet two wonderfully talented ladies and have so much in common? Altogether I would say a great experience!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dearest Kathryn, Thanks for sharing! For me it was a great pleasure to not only have won your beautiful Mini ALbum, but for you to bring it to my home personally, and for me to meet you and share such a wonderful time together.
    I am hoping you have a great time when Hubby gets back and I so look forward to seeing you again! Cheers !!! Warm regards, XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !! Kathryn excellent news. Your work is so pretty that I'm not surprised it reached that price :) So great to get to know new people that share the same interests. Yes the internet is amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn - small world, eh?! What an awesome story in the way this worked out...PLUS, nice job on the Ebay final bid. Looking forward to checking out Marlene and Olga's work - gooooooo women artists!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - now I know what my halloween album isworth!!! I always knew it was priceless to me but not that I see what a Kathryn mini can fetch on e-bay! LOL! I am jealous I don't live that close! What fun that would be drinking wine, having dinner with friends and talking scrapping. I wish! You are lucky to have found them! I am also happy your hubby is home! Have fun and make sure to remind him about breakfast!

    ReplyDelete