Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween + New Video of Olga's Album!

Happy Halloween! I hope you all have fun today & tonight!

I have a quick album share before I have to go get ready to swap albums with Olga. We decided to do a Halloween mini album swap with each other {right in the middle of Christmas Kit season ~ where was my brain that day!?} and I am taking her album over there this afternoon. It's fun that we'll actually be swapping on Halloween.

I know I have worked on two Halloween albums which could have potentially been Olga's & the whole Halloween album thing has been very confusing. But I have decided to give her the one below & then to fill the other one with pictures of the Halloween party my sister and I threw last year & mail that off to her as a surprise. She's been having a rough couple weeks, so I am hoping that will lift her spirits a bit. :D

So here is the Halloween chipboard+paper bag hybrid album that I made for Olga. I just posted the video over on my YouTube Channel & you can follow the link to watch it there in high quality OR you can watch it below: Hallowe'en in Wonderland.



Have a great day, everyone! Don't steal too much candy from your kid's buckets. ;)

~Kathryn :D

6 comments:

  1. It says the video is unavailable :( I know its gorgeous though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathryn, love this mini! Two questions, I make alot of paperbag albums, what purpose does the the chipboard attached to the bag serve and did you use the size chipboard seen in your example on the video? Hope you dont mind these questions, I'm always trying to improve on my minis. Thanks, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kim!

    The chipboard piece should be the same size as the paper bag ~ I just showed a smaller piece in the video because I was quickly grabbing from my scrap chipboard for that brief demo. Just trying to give an idea and not do a full tutorial.

    The purpose the chipboard serves is to strengthen the paper bags so they can be bound with the BIA ~ with the chipboard there, you don't have to worry about the ribbon or o-wires tearing through the holes in the paper bags.

    Thanks for watching!

    ~Kathryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kathryn, I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my question... I am working on a halloween paperbag album and as a matter of fact wanted to bind it with my cinch (I've not used the cinch for this purpose before). I will have to rethink the binding. Thanks again!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, Kim!

    You can probably still use your Cinch to bind it ~ I would just use eyelets to reinforce the holes so the bags don't tear. They're not super sturdy. Well, at least mine aren't able to hold up to that kind of pressure, but it could also be because I stuff the heack out of my paper bag albums.

    ~Kathryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this album, I have watched this video many, many times already! I really like the idea of using chipboard to strengthen the paper bags. thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete