Friday, April 4, 2014

NEW VIDEO: Liz & Gandalf, 12"x12" Layout


Happy Friday! Today I have something exciting planned - I am going with Liz the Underpaid Intern to Charm City Cakes in Baltimore, MD to meet with a cake artist about the cake for Steampunk Soiree.
 
 
After that, I have some fun birthday stuff planned for Liz. She recently turned 30 (gasp!) so I have to treat her to some fabulousness to take the sting out.
 
Speaking of Liz turning 30, at Liz's family birthday dinner Beachmum said she didn't feel old enough to have a child who is 30. Considering that I am 33, does this mean I am adopted? Discuss. My brother (adopted brother?) Scott and I decided at dinner that it does.
 
In other news, I scrapped three layouts with my March Basic Grey monthly kit. I posted the first one on Monday and the second one on Wednesday. This one I made using just the scraps from the first two - not a single 12"x12" piece of paper was harmed in the making of this layout.
 
 
 
 

Liz & Gandalf

I used my March Basic Grey layout kit to scrap photos of Liz smooching the giant Lego Gandalf at the Lego Store in Downtown Disney. We took a tour through it while we were waiting for dinner reservations at Catal.


Liz spent her 30th birthday re-watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
There may be more to this picture than meets the eye.

 
 
Outlining this sticker was super stressful, but it looks okay. Normally I like to draw around the stickers and not on them, but I had to make an exception in this case because it was elevated off the page.
 
Papers and embellishments from Basic Grey's "Spice Market" collection: http://goo.gl/XQwf0N
 
 
I used the chipboard ampersand from the collection as part of my title - it's fun to combine diecuts and chipboard shapes with your titles.
 
I used a post-it to mask off the day portion of the date stamp so it would fit perfectly.





 

 Watch it Come Together

I filmed a video of this layout coming together, which you can watch below or click here to watch on my YouTube channel: Liz & Gandalf.
 

 
 
Thanks so much for watching and have a GREAT week!
 
Kathryn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment