Saturday, May 2, 2009

National Scrapbooking Day Shopping!

Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Life on the {Scrap}beach! Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

So I finally placed my tax return order at Two Peas in a Bucket last night & it was a big one! I am so excited and I can't wait for it to get here!

I decided to do a little scrap shopping today, so I popped over to Michael's to check out what was there and got some really cute stuff! Wanna see? Well, then check out this video!





Happy scrapping!

Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

P.S. Don't forget to check out this post from National Scrapbooking Day and leave a comment before 9:00 Eastern Friday night to be entered to win the LOVE album.

3 comments:

  1. Im so jealous... Our Michaels closed in Jan so I can't get those cute cute cute chipboard albums....That car would be so perfect as my two year old is in love with cars.....

    You got some great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that sucks! I have a love/hate relationship with Michael's. They have some great deals on things you can't get anywhere else. On the other hand, the store is crowded and confusing and just plain miserable to be in.

    Since chipboard is really just layers of paper, you could make your own chipboard album shapes by gluing some sheets of cardstock together and tracing out a shape -- either freehand a car or use a clipart shape -- and then cutting through the paper layers. I used this technique to make extra chipboard letters in my "Easter Eggs!" video, but it can be used to make any letter or shape in any size.

    Once you had a template, it would just be a matter of tracing and cutting to get the rest of the pages you wanted. Not as quick & easy as a trip to Michael's, but still a way to make a car-shaped album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip.. I will have to try that...

    ReplyDelete