Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cards for Alyssa & Tatiana

Hi, everyone!

I was going through my phone and clearing out pictures & I realized that I told you I was going to make cards for Alyssa and Tatiana, but never showed you the completed cards! These have long since been mailed off, but I still have the pics to show you. Alyssa is doing pretty well & ran her first solo errand this week. She is still dealing with some soreness and low energy, but that will ease with time. So, on to the cards!

First, the card for Tatiana:




I wanted to keep this one simple and pretty for the new baby girl. I used a lot of my Basic Grey "Kioshi" stash and it felt good to use it up! The papers, the die cut, the canvas brad, the felt flowers & even the letter stickers are all from the collection. I used the papers and embellishments from this same collection for Alyssa's card as well.

Alyssa is a fun and quirky person and so I knew she would "get" this card and not burst into hysterics when she saw it. When we were chatting on the phone shortly after her surgery, she was telling me that during the worst of her pain {prior to the surgery} she had been doing a healing light meditation & imagining sparkling light flowing down her body from her head to her toes. She said that whenever the healing light reached the area of the kidney aneurysm, the meditation would fail & she would get no relief. The pain was just too intense. So she was less than impressed with her kidney's response to the healing, sparkling light.

Later on, I asked her if there was anything she needed that I could send {other than a black market kidney, which was, of course, the obvious choice}. We talked about different books & DVDs, and as I was getting off the phone with her, she told me to be sure that whatever kidney I bought came with healing sparkling light.

So here it is, her new sparkly kidney:




Even though the above card just looks like a bean, I actually used an anatomical drawing of a kidney to make my template, so it is an anatomically correct kidney. This turned out to be a colossal waste of my time since anatomically correct kidneys just look like beans & I probably could have free-handed a bean in about a tenth of the time it took to make the anatomically correct version. Thanks for nothing, Gray's Anatomy.

Anywho, since she asked for a sparkly kidney, I made sure to add plenty of stickles to the papers and embellishments to shine them up for her. After all ~ what good is a spare kidney if it doesn't come with glitter?

~Kathryn :D
Black market scrapbooker.

4 comments:

  1. Love your style! I"m your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Janice! :D Thanks for stopping by & leaving me a comment! I hope you really enjoy your time here!

    ~Kathryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are great Kathryn! I love your glittery kidney/bean! lol Thanks for the update on Alyssa! I'm so happy to hear she's doing so well!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock! This is such a cute idea! I'm glad to "hear" that your friend is recuperating & wish her & her baby lots of health. Thank you for candidly sharing what you make & also the inspiration behind it.

    ReplyDelete