Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Video: Preparing for a Mini Album

Hi, everyone!

This Saturday is the April 2011 Virtual Crop on The Beach ~ YAY! For my crop project, I'll be decorating a paper bag album with the K & Company "Flora and Fauna" collection. The album itself is based on a design from Kathy Orta. I have made some minor modifications to her original design {mostly to the binding} and have uploaded a video over on my YouTube channel for you to see her version and my changes: Kathy Orta's Paper Bag Album.

Typically when I am getting ready to work on a mini album, I will go through my entire stash and pull out things I think I might want to use in the mini. I gather way more than I could ever fit into an album {it's nice to have options!}, but it is a lot easier to pick from this pile of supplies than to go through my entire stash looking for just the right element. Just for fun, I made a video of the pile I gathered together for the "Flora & Fauna" paper bag album so you could get an idea of what the floor of my scrap room looks like when I am working on an album since that's where all this stuff ends up! :D Check ot the video on YouTube by clicking this link, or watch below: Preparing for a Mini Album.



If you want to follow along during the crop, you can go ahead an assemble your bags as shown in the first video linked in this post, but DON'T glue anything down {except the chipboard piece shown in the video}. You want to decorate the bags with your papers before you start gluing! Also, rummage through you scrap suppplies and start pulling together a pile of your own ~ you'll be surprised at all the cool things you can find to use right at home!

To see Kathy's original video, click here: New Paper Bag Album. She has a very inspiring nine part series on assembling the bags and decorating them with the Tim Holtz "Lost and Found" collection.

The crop will be from 3:00-6:00 PM and from 9:00PM-Midnight on April 2, 2011. All times are Eastern USA. Hope you can join us! To go to my UStream Channel, click here: Live on The Beach!

I hope you enjoy the video & that you'll come party with us on Saturday!

~Kathryn :D
Give me two Piña Coladas

6 comments:

  1. Kathryn thanks for sharing your ideas,,,,I go about the whole process in much the same way...looking forward to seeing your new project unfold.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... I am so looking forward to your crop Saturday :) Thanks for your inspiration :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Saturday is going to be a par-TAY! We're going to have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new,outlook forward to being in the class tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently discovered your youtube channel and your lovely website. I love your crafting ideas and lookward to your class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Nancy & Ruth! I hoope you enjoyed the crop this weekend & that you'll be able to join us for more fun online events in the future! :D

    ReplyDelete