Saturday, July 11, 2009

From Lampshade to Clip-It-Up!

Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Life on the {Scrap}beach!

I was browsing some YouTube videos the other day, and I came across a great video tutorial on turning an old lampshade into a homemade version of a Clip-It-Up!





This great idea for repurposing an old lampshade comes from Bree Tetz and Camille Young, the co-owners of the Crop Suey kit club. I love it ~ it is so creative! By choosing the right lampshade from the thrift store, you can totally customize how tall or wide you want your supply hanger to be ~ fabulous! And it's so much easier to do than many of the other homemade Clip-It-Up! replacements I've seen.

All it needs is a lazy susan underneath so it can spin & it would be a perfect place for me to store my clear stamps. Assuming I ever find exactly the right lampshade, that is, since I need a fairly tall and narrow one. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!

Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

7 comments:

  1. How AWESOME was that. I HAVE NO space for one of those, but i have been thinking of the same idea but the under the shelf clip it up. I thought of using one of those cheap kitchen cupboard one's you'd hang dishclothes from. I think I'd use the badge clips, much easier to acccess your stuff. And oh I LUV your idea on the lazy susan. IKEA has small one big enough for that. I was actually thinking that same thing while watching your video. Have fun, can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Thanks. I am a quilter/scrapper and I don't have a room now but I collect stuff and ideas for when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip about IKEA, Lisa! I actually have my eyes on a kitchen island from there to add storage to my scraproom, which, now that I think about, would be the perfect place to put this lampshade when it's finished! I just have to wait a while because my husband is getting promoted and that means saving $$$ right now for a big party!

    Hey, Maritza! Like you, I am an iea collector! Right now Idon't have room for one of these unless it is very tall and narrow, so I will be keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect lampshade to repurpose!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was a fun project.. super easy.. and VERY CUTE!.. I think it would be a blast to do one !
    just stoppin' by to see what your up to! :)
    with a grin,
    steffogal1
    http://withagrin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Steff! I hope you enjoy your weekend craftign extravaganza ~ you need a break for sure!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. I also have quite a few sticker packages laying around; I do need a better system to display these embelishments and place them within reach. Definitely visitng my local drift shop. :)

    Cristina Tobola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Cristina! I love the idea, too ~ those two ladies are so clever! Good luck finding the perfect lampshade!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete