Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Video: "Waffle Man" 12"x12" Layout

Hi, everyone! I just finished this layout about my sweetie and how he likes to make me breakfast:



The printed journaling reads:
Alan has always wanted to be in charge of weekend breakfast. It is something his dad, Wayne, always did for his mom and it is a tradition he wanted to carry into our own marriage. Sometimes breakfast is as simple as coffee and frozen waffles. Other times it is a full-on spread of eggs, bacon, toast, coffee and juice. He also likes to break out the griddle and make all sorts of pancakes, like banana walnut or a berry medley. Every once in a while, he lets me help, but usually he just wants me to sit and relax and chit chat with him while he is working away. When he’s done, we sit together at the table and have leisurely morning, reading the paper and talking about our plans for the day. This is just one of the many ways this wonderful man takes care of me and makes me feel special. I can’t thank him enough for being such a wonderful husband, caretaker and friend. :)

The handwritten journaling reads:
I love you so much, sweetie!

This layout is once again based on a sketch from Becky Fleck's book Pagemaps, and I have actually decided to work my way through the book one sketch at a time to a) get my money's worth out of it and b) start getting pictures off my hard drive and into my albums where I can look at them. :)

I made a video of this layout coming together & posted it over on my YouTube Channel:



I hope you enjoy the layout! Let me know if you'd like me to keep posting my journaling for you to read.

~Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

14 comments:

  1. Kathryn -

    A wonderful layout, but even more - a truly wonderful husband!!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...keep posting!! Southern Canadian Gals needs all the inspiration and encouragement you can give. Ly tons and appreaciate your work!!! CU on the Beach...Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout looks great. Thanks to you I bought the book Pagemamps too. I like the sketches and that you have the little cards which don't take alot of space. I always like to see how you make your layouts. It was nice to read your journaling. You have a very sweet husband.

    Nanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, I bet you can't wait for weekend breakfast.
    Thanks for sharing..
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Kathryn! I was so happy when I seen another video from you! I love that you told us what your journaling says!

    DM

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet Hubby! Thanks for sharing the journaling. I giggle at all the liquor on top of the fridge. great for mimosa's with your pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Dawn! Yeah, we have a lot of liquor on top of our fridge! :D I was wondering who would be the first person to point that out ... :D

    ~Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so sweet!!! I hope my future husband makes me breakfast. =) Hahah. I have the pagemaps book too, I think I'll do the same and work my way through it. =) I don't do a lot of individual layouts, but I really want to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gotta love a man who makes breakfast! :-) And yes, please continue to work your way through the book and show us every step of the way--including your journaling (if you don't mine!). Thanks for the tips you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love watching your videos. You're such an amazing artist. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Happy scrapping :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice LO and I love to read the journaling it always makes the LO's even more special.

    What a wonderful way to be pampered on weekends !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    I just LOVE your work! Go on posting layouts and other videos. Please visit my blog as well :)
    www.scrapbookingwithbirgitte.blogspot.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - you make it look so easy. Love all the tips Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete