Friday, July 30, 2010

Tag: Brand New Ending

Hi, everyone! I wanted to quickly share with you a simple tag I finished last night. I started it during my afternoon UStream, but I finished it during a late night crafting session. It's totally grungy, which is kind of a first for me. I like distressing but have kind of steered clear of the grungy look.



I used the Tim Holtz "Lost & Found" paper stack for the background paper. I adhered it to a 3"x6" piece of chipboard for extra weight. Then I used my "Stub" Corner Chomper to punch the top two corners & inked the edges in "Black Soot" Distress Ink.

After I prepared my background, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark Watermark Ink Pad on vanilla cardstock and embossed it in black. I tore around the edges of the sentiment and used "Vintage Photo", "Antique Linen" and "Black Soot" distress inks to grunge it up even more. Then I stuck it down with dimensional adhesive.

The black lace is from my stash {Prima? Maybe?} and I wrapped it all the way around the bottom of the tag with sticky tape. I added black and gold fibers from my stash & the black rose is hanging from a Making Memories garment pin.

I hope you enjoy it! It was a little outside my box, but I still have fun with it!

~Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

P.S. For those of you who were waiting for a tutorial on how to assemble paper lunch sacks for an album like my two Prima "Pastiche" paper bag albums, I posted a quick tutorial on YouTube last night with the basic construction. You can check it out here: Paper Bag Album Assembly.

12 comments:

  1. Great job Kathryn! I this you can distress with the best of them! I love how the rose is hanging. Very cool! Thanks for the paper bag tutorial! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag Kathryn! Thanks for going through the steps you used!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Kathryn! :) I have this paper and was trying to decide what to do with this sheet...now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag ROCKS! I hope to see more outside of the box projects! I would have added a little gold edging to the black rose Just Kidding it looks great as it is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the tag too!!! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually don't love grunge, being a victorian fanatic, but I really love how this came out. Given the message of the tag, it is perfect! Love it! Waiting to see you do something I don't love... :) Don't think it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Love the tag.. Thank You soo very much for showing us how to put the paper bag album together. On the 2nd album you made I loved the bird cage and the way you attached it, but you didn't mention what you used. Can you please tell me what or who the bird cage is by and who or what you used to attach it ( the little chain thingy. that was soo beautiful. If you'd like to send me the answer via e-mail its blam525@comcast.net. I am so glad I stumbled across one of your videos because now I'm hooked. Your work is amazing, thank You _ your newest fan in NJ Leida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, guys! I had fun with the tag. Sometimes it's fun to stretch a little into an area that's new.

    Leida, the bird cage is a Cricut cut that a friend sent me in a RAK. I believe it is from the "Serenade" cartridge. The chain was from the jewelry section of Michael's. I attached it with some Tim Holtz jump rings and hitch fastener. The bird cage is just stuck down with hot glue.

    ~Kathryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathryn.... thank you so much for the repy. Looking forward to recreating your album. Thank You again for you great tutorials. I really enjoy seeing the awsome things you create. Leida

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tag--and I especially love that you went outside of your comfort zone! ;-) Thanks for sharing the steps you took to complete it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your tag, just got this paper pad yesterday and I am looking forward to using it. This is a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing it. New to your blog, looking forward to being a regular reader, and viewing your You Tube tutorials.
    shirley

    ReplyDelete