Friday, October 12, 2012

Starburst Layout Challenge!

Hi, everyone!

I've been reading a lot on the message boards these days from people who are collecting 6"x6" pads but not using them. I am a huge offender in this area, as well. In fact, I recently told myself I wasn't allowed to buy any more 6"x6" pads unless I actually started using them up.

With that in mind, I created the below layout with 6"x6" paper pads in mind. I arranged the papers in a sunburst pattern so that it looks like the rays are coming from the photos. This layout design was so popular, that viewers were anxious to try it. To add a little encouragement, I have decided to turn this layout into inspiration for a Starburst Layout Challenge!

Here are some pictures of the completed layout. You can click the photos below to make them larger:










To see how to create the starburst template, watch the video below or in HD over on YouTube here: Starburst Layout.





Enter the challenge by posting a link to your submission BELOW by 9:00 p.m. on Friday, October 19th, 2012. In order to be eligible for this challenge, you must use the linking system below. To use the linking system below, post a photo of your project online in a PUBLIC site (on your blog, flickr, photobucket, my Ning site). Whatever site you choose must be visible to everyone who participates in the challenge.

Prizes for this challenge include:
1. Hampton Art/Graphic 45 "Nutcracker Sweet" stamp set from Scrapadabadoo:



2. Perfect Trim Ruler from Barb (the creator!):



To participate in this challenge, create a layout, card or other project using the sunburst pattern shown in the inspiration above. Layouts may be any size {12"x12", 8.5"x11", etc.} and can be either a one-page or two-page layout. Layouts must be complete with photos and journaling. One entry per type of project, per person (i.e. one layout + one card, not two layouts). Maximum two entries per person. Projects must be new, never before seen & created just for this challenge.

I look forward to seeing what you create!

~Kathryn :D

Link Party Entries:

I have included a sample entry in the linking system below. If your entry does not look like the "1. Kathryn E. Krieger" entry, please double-check and make sure you followed the directions exactly.




2 comments:

  1. I'd give my five left toes to go to Hobbiton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I want to go *that* bad, but it looks totally cool! It's expensive to get to New Zealand, though. :(

      Delete