Monday, April 20, 2009

Shopping Bucket

I've decided to spend my state tax retun on some new scrapping goodies (yay!) since it's not too large to make me feel like I should do something "sensible" with it. So far, this is what I have in my shopping bucket over on Two Peas in a Bucket:

First up is the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. I am SO excited about this tool! I don't have any way to round the corners on my chipboard and acrylic right now and this is the perfect solution. It does both large and small corners, too, so I only need the one tool.

Next is the Snorkel Paper Crafting Kit from Cosmo Cricket. Snorkel is SO CUTE that I can hardly stand it. Plus the colors and images are perfect since it's pretty much always summer here and I have some great pictures from Jungle Island and the Miami Seaquarium.


I love the Snorkel Ready Set Chip chipboard pack, too. That octopus is so adorable and the colors are fab! These will be great for beach layouts.


I'm really enjoying the beach & summer phrases and images in the Snorkel Rub Ons. Once again, perfect for Miami!


The Snorkel Ribbon is also really cute. I especially love the ones with the fish and the bubbles, and as you know I am always a fan of anything scalloped so the scalloped velvet ribbon has my name all over it.


Also catching my eye right now is the Fancy Pants Summer Soiree line. The sunburst paper will be perfect for capturing the heat here, and I also love that splash paper. Very cute & great, bright colors!


These are the Summer Soiree 10x10 Circle Stamps and I am loving that wave stamps, as well as the "sun" stamps and some of the breezy florishes. Very nice.


The Summer Soiree 5X8 Journal Book is also really great. I love anything diecut and these papers are nice and large -- they'll be perfect for two page layouts.


Also in my cart are these Family In A Word Stamps from Technique Tuesday. I love Technique Tuesday stamps -- they're really nice quality -- and I've also been feeling the urge to do more childhood, family and heritage related layouts, so these stamps will be perfect for that. Plus, the detail is just exquisite!


Also by Technique Tuesday are these Vacation In A Word stamps. My husband and I travel quite a bit between his work and our own vacations, so these are perfect for those pages.


This 5X5 Inch Chipboard Binder with Envelopes from 7 Gypsies is really great. The envelopes are genius and I love that you can add more pages because it's a binder & not spiral bound or something like that. It will be super fun to do a mini with this guy.

I have been eyeing this Trees Mini Chipboard Set from Maya Road for a while now. They are just too adorable and it looks like there are a ton of them in there. It'll be great for all kinds of things -- layouts, cards, etc.

I'm also adding this Old Paper Distress Crackle Paint by Tim Holtz. I've been trying to think of different things to do to my raw chipboard since I have so much of it & thought I would experiment with crackle paint.


So what do you think? Cute stuff, right? What are your favorite scrap supplies right now? Is there anything cool you think I should add to my bucket before I place this order? You guys should have a pretty good idea of what I like from my videos, so let me know! I proably won't be shopping again for a while, so I don't want to miss out on something really adorable.

In other news, do you remember this video?





Well, CarMax contacted me recently to ask permission to put it on their Facebook page! You can see it here in an April 15th post: Carmax Facebook Page Pretty cool, right?

Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us what you are getting. I love that snorkel line...

    That is great that your page will be on the CARMAX facebook page.

    Thank you
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin! I am definitely in love with Snorkel right now - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total Wow!! and Congrats!! on the CARMAX recognition - I'm hoping they are offering to pay for your next vehicle!! Either way, it's great when somebody acknowledges our work!
    Have fun with yours buys, looking forward to seeing the videos when you show us what you do with it all, especially that 7 gypsie binder, that has had my eye for awhile as well.
    Have a great week,
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. No such luck, Jill! That 7 Gypsies binder album is one of my favorite things on the list. Such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete