Saturday, July 23, 2011

COMING SOON: A Week of Layouts!

Hi, everyone!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday and that you have a great weekend. I just wanted to give you all a little notice that on Monday I'll be kicking off my "Week of Layouts" series here on my blog. I have five step-by-step YouTube tutorials ready & a new one with a new layout will be posted each day. That's five new layout videos! The first post will go up on Monday, July 25th at 5:00 a.m. Eastern USA time.

Not only that, but I made a sketch for each layout that will be available for you on my blog as part of each day's post ~ how fun is that!? I actually drew all my own sketches for this week's video series. Not only was it a lot of fun, but it made the creative process go so quickly! So I'll definitely be sharing those sketches with all of you here.

As I was working on these projects for you, I was reflecting on how different my layout and mini book styles are. My layouts tend to be pretty flat, and I use the photos and patterned paper as embellishments for the most part. I don't do too much in the way of layering embellishments. I am trying to get better at finding a way to have lots of layers on a layout, but in a flat way.

Enjoy!

~Kathryn :D
Layout Queen

4 comments:

  1. Kathryn I do not know where you find the time...this spunds very interesting...can't wait to see what clever things you came up with this time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I started watching your channel for you great layouts. I am not into mini books, although yours are fabulous!! I am excited to see some new layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great Kathryn....can't wait to check them out....

    ReplyDelete