Monday, July 25, 2011

Layout Week: Day One + Bonus Projects!

Hi, everyone!

Today kicks off my first ever "Week of Layouts" blog series. Each day this week I will post a new video with a new 12"x12" layout. I have five step-by-step YouTube tutorials filmed, edited and ready to upload.

I made a sketch for each layout that will be available for you here on my blog as part of each day's post. I actually drew all my own sketches for this week's video series on graph paper. This was the first time I have ever drawn my own sketches, but I really enjoyed it! Here's today's sketch: {click the sketch to make it bigger}




And here's the layout I created from the above sketch: {click the layout to make it bigger}




Today's layout was all about using our 8"x8" paper pads to make 12"x12" layouts. Those of us who enjoy making cards and mini albums probably have tons of smaller paper pads around that could be used for layouts & it was a fun challenge to try and make it work. These papers came from October Afternoon's super adorable Fly A Kite collection.

The products I used in today's layout, mini album and card were a gift from Shannon at the Paper Made Bakery. She sent me a kit from her store a while ago {before the house album fiasco ~ hee hee} and I am excited to finally share what I did with the goodies. Thank you so much, Shannon!

I just uploaded a new video with the projects I made for Paper Made Bakery over on my YouTube channel. You can watch the video in the window below, or click the link to watch over on YouTube: A Day in the Keys 12"x24"Layout.




I hope you enjoyed the video, the layout & the extra bonus projects! Stay tuned for a new layout tomorrow using the Bo Bunny Zoology collection about one of my trips to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Enjoy!

~Kathryn :D
Layout Queen

12 comments:

  1. love this layout and will certainly use it.Ans be back here everyday this week to get a lot of inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh, I love it!! such a great layout about such a fun time. I love the fact that you also included the sketch as well. The journaling is great. Love the font :) Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout, thank you for the sketch! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Will use it right away. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. I really appreciate your hard work and the time spent.

    Thanks so much for all you do and all of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing this Kathryn! I started watching you a couple of months ago and you have me really hooked. I appreciate all the time you put into this so that people like me can enjoy your creativity.

    Thanks again,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice surprise with bonuses to boot! Thanks, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, guys! It was fun to make all these layouts and sketches ~ I thoroughly enjoyed doing it!

    ~Kathryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to not only make the video but to share the sketch. I so love the idea of using the smaller paper pads for a 12 x 12 layout and I can't wait to try this.

    What a great start to a week of layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woman!! tea thru the nose.... (at least it was iced) Crickets... that completely cracked me up!!
    All 3 of those projects turned out adorable, I'm completely inspired! I just ordered the photos from my time in Austin with the kiddos, they will be here the 2nd so I will be re-watching this video many times to recreate your super fun projects.
    As always, thx!!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really nice, TFS and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathryn,thanks for that interesting sketch...you L.O. looks fab and the mini is super cute,,,,I will give you a bow making lesson next time you join my USTREAM show...ok

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the LO!!! TFS =) I like how you numbered the photos with your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete