Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Layout Week: Day Three

Hi, everyone!

Today is the third day of out "Week of Layouts" here and on my YouTube Channel. Each day this week I will post a new video with a new 12"x12" layout. I have two more step-by-step YouTube tutorials filmed, edited and ready to upload this week.

I made a sketch for each layout that will be available for you here on my blog as part of each day's post. I actually drew all my own sketches for this week's video series on graph paper. This was the first time I have ever drawn my own sketches, but I really enjoyed it!

Here's today's sketch: {click the sketch to make it bigger}




And here's the layout I created from the above sketch: {click the layout to make it bigger}




The papers and stickers I used in today's layout are from the Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends collection. Today's layout was about capturing the mood of a day with a good balance between photos and journaling. The photos on this layout represent little bits and pieces of things we saw throughout a day spent in the Everglades. There are hundreds of photos from that day ~ way too many for one layout or even one mini album ~ but I was able to sketch a good picture of what happened that day with just a few photos that trigger good memories.

I just uploaded the new video with my "Gator Bait" 12"x12" layout over on my YouTube channel. You can watch the video in the window below, or click the link to watch over on YouTube: Gator Bait 12"x12" Layout.




I hope you enjoyed the video & the layout! Stay tuned for a new layout tomorrow using the October Afternoon's 5 & Dime collection. I managed to get eight photos on one 12"x12" layout, so be sure to check it out!

Enjoy!

~Kathryn :D
Layout Queen

5 comments:

  1. Great layout! Especially, love the rosettes. You make them so effortlessly.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Quick Rosettes, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these sketches and LOs. They will really help me as I get some cruise LOs done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I love your handwriting. I have a degree in Drafting and they were pretty particular about penmanship, but I don't know what happened to mine, I guess I can blame it on age. LOL. Thanks again for sharing. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're all enjoying the layouts and the sketches and getting some inspiration from them to get layouts done! :D

    Diana, anything you can blame on age, I say go for it ~ might as well get something out of the aging process!

    ReplyDelete