Thursday, July 28, 2011

Layout Week: Day Four

Hi, everyone!

Today is the fourth day of our "Week of Layouts" here and on my YouTube Channel. Each day this week I have posted a new video with a new 12"x12" layout. I have one more step-by-step YouTube tutorial filmed, edited and ready to upload for you tomorrow.

I made a sketch for each layout that will be available for you here on my blog as part of each day's post. I actually drew all my own sketches for this week's video series on graph paper. This was the first time I have ever drawn my own sketches, but I really enjoyed it!

Here's today's sketch: {click the sketch to make it bigger}




And here's the layout I created from the above sketch: {click the layout to make it bigger}




The papers I used in today's layout are from the October Afternoon 5 & Dime collection. Today's layout was about having a nice balance between photos, journaling and a title. Using these photo strips, I was able to get eight photos on this 12"x12" layout and still have room for a strong title and plenty of journaling.

I just uploaded the new video with my "Seaquarium" 12"x12" layout over on my YouTube channel. You can watch the video in the window below, or click the link to watch over on YouTube: Seaquarium 12"x12" Layout.




I hope you enjoyed the video & the layout! Stay tuned for the last layout tomorrow!

Enjoy!

~Kathryn :D
Layout Queen

P.S. I am live every Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and again from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on my UStream Channel: Live on the {Scrap}Beach! Join us today for more fun with the Pink Paislee "Hometown Summer" house album.

All times are Eastern USA {Miami/New York}. To convert to your time zone, click here: Time Zone Converter.

7 comments:

  1. Love how it looks so simple and clean. I have to add sooo many embellishments...after all, I collected them got to use it....;o)
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pictures and it still looks neat and interesting - pretty! Love the nautical blue and white with touches of red. You are very talented and I'm so glad you share with others. (Maybe the striped effect is what calmed down all the pics. I'm trying to figure it out but whatever - it worked very well!)Thanks, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I like that you include a lot of pictures in your sketches. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zandra, I am always a little surprised by how different my layouts and mini albums are. The mini albums are so thick and chunky that you nee a wheelbarrow to cart them around, while the layouts are pretty clean & simple. Don't know why that is, but I just go wild on those mini albums!

    I don't know for sure what it is, either, Mary, but I do like how it looks. There is a lot of blue in the photos, so maybe that helps give them a more monochrome effect. I don't know what it is, but I loved how this turned out with the yellow, red & blue.

    Thanks, Carol! I love to put lots of photos on my layouts and in my mini books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened to Euro Chat? I was gone and wanted to watch before tonight's show and it isn't there! I hope you are well, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind - I read your note on site- sorry,Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happen to day 4? Wait a minute...my husband sent me out arrow wing hunting..or what ever you call them. This is very nice. It is Funny how you went from chunky and thick, to a very simple layout. Almost like saying..."Wait a minute, I want my Kathryn back" LOL. TFS

    ReplyDelete