Friday, July 29, 2011

Layout Week: Day Five!

TGIF, everyone!

Today is the last day of our "Week of Layouts" here and on my YouTube Channel. Each day this week I have posted a new video with a new 12"x12" layout. I hope you've all had as much fun this week as I have!

I made a sketch for each layout that will be available for you here on my blog as part of each day's post. I actually drew all my own sketches for this week's video series on graph paper. This was the first time I have ever drawn my own sketches, but I really enjoyed it!

Here's today's sketch: {click the sketch to make it bigger}




And here's the layout I created from the above sketch: {click the layout to make it bigger}




The papers I used in today's layout are from the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden collection. Today's layout was all about the embellishments and s single photo. By having only one photo on the layout, I was really able to zero in on a special memory and highlight it.

I just uploaded the new video with my "I Can Has Dis?" 12"x12" layout over on my YouTube channel. You can watch the video in the window below, or click the link to watch over on YouTube: I Can Has Dis? 12"x12" Layout.




I hope you enjoyed the video & the layout! Have a GREAT weekend, everyone!

~Kathryn :D
Layout Queen

13 comments:

  1. I did enjoy LO week and love your stories as well. Thanks for sharing, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the layouts. They were inspiring for me. Also very interesting that you are a closet cat lover! Never would have known. Glad you're part of the cat-loving world and wish you COULD "has it." Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week of inspiration! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say this is is the cutest! Love them all in fact. Thank you so much for giving us protion of your day all this week and for sharing your talents. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for joining me for Layout Week! I had SUCH a good time making all the layouts and chatting with you guys! :D We'll do another one for sure ~ it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is always amazing and such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your talent with us! Do you print your own photos? If so, what brand of printer do you have? JudyofNV

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great layout! I love the idea of adding the simple "strips" of patterned paper to a neutral kraft background. The damask stamp and the hearts finish it off perfectly. Love it!
    Marla :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Judy! Yes, I do edit and print my own photos. I edit my photos in Photoshop Elements 8 and print them on my Epson R1900 Stuls Photo. The Epson R1900 has been discontinued by the manufacturer and replaced with the Epson R2000. I haven't tried the Epson R2000 mysel, but the reviews I have read indicate it is a slight improvement onver the R1900.

    I love using kraft for a background, Marla. It has such a soft look with pastels like these ~ so pretty! I'm so glad you liked the layout, too!

    ~Kathryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathryn. Great layouts this week. I love all that you do. You are so generous with your talents in sharing with us.

    I thought you might like to take a look at my "not quite finished" Steampunk Debutante album. You can take a look here:

    http://sewcre8ive.blogspot.com/2011/08/steampunk-photo-album.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Micki, your "not quite finished" Steampunk Debutante albu is looking awesome! You did some fantastic stuff ~ I especially loved the use of the butterfly on the gear trifold. It looked beautiful! Great job on everything.

    ~Kathryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout, and I love this photo, it's so cute, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came across your blog and layout week and I am so thrilled I did! Thank you for posting these and I hope you do this again! Loved all of them and thank you for posting the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to do another Layout Week soon! It's not so easy for me to do YouTube videos in my current living situation (we're in temporary housing following an out of state move) but once we're setlled there will be more videos. :D

      Delete