Monday, February 21, 2011

New Video: "Sisters" Album

Hi, everyone!

So, I am continuing with my path to unfinished projects/requests freedom! Last week I finished my "Sisters" gate fold album with a springtime feel using Graphic 45's "Once Upon a Springtime" paper collection. This wasn't an unfinished project, but finishing it for my friend's birthday {first week of March} kep it from ever becoming one. And I got to cross another project off my request list: Spring Mini.

If you'd like to see how to assemble the base of this album, I have a tutorial up my YouTube channel already: Gate Fold Album Tutorial.

The completed album is a 6"x9" chipboard album. It's bound on both sides using the Bind-It-All & 1.25" diameter o-wires. It wasn't easy to keep it flat enough to function, but I managed & I love how it turned out: Sisters Gate Fold Album.



I hope you enjoyed the video & the completed project. I worked on this project during my UStream show, so there won't be any YouTube step-by-step tutorials, but you can view the UStream recordings at the links below.

"Sisters" Album, Part One
"Sisters" Album, Part Two
"Sisters" Album, Part Three
"Sisters" Album, Part Four
"Sisters" Album, Part Five
"Sisters" Album, Part Six
"Sisters" Album, Part Seven
"Sisters" Album, Part Eight
"Sisters" Album, Part Nine
"Sisters" Album, Part Ten
"Sisters" Album, Part Eleven

For details on my UStream show, including links and showtimes, check out the "Watch Me Live!" section on the right sidebar.

~Kathryn :D
Ahead of the game. For once.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! another gorgeous album. Heather will love it. The black and white photos look amazing with that paper collection. Need to think of that the next time I do an album. You work well with the paper collection. They are pretty but I stay away from papers that have large or busy images. But you have given me some ideas. Really enjoy watching your videos. I have seen a few Gate albums videos and maybe that will be my next attempt.
    Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! Gatefold albums always sort of confuse me, but you did a great job with this. I love all of the little details and touches you added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out positively georgeous! LOVE it! Your sister will love it! (or she better *wink*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine well done this is beautiful!!love it i am sure heather will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the finished results of this gorgeous mini! Im sure your friend will love and cherish it :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much! :D The mini is wrapped and packaged into a box & now it is waiting by the door for USPS to come pick it up. I hope to know the verdict by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so inspiring to me, not only with knocking off the UFO's but also the tutorials. Thank you for sharing you!!
    Heather is one lucky woman! I hope you share with us her response to receiving your beautiful gift.
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved, loved LOVED this mini album :) Thanks so much for sharing, it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This turned out absolutely gorgeous. Lucky friend! :)
    ~QueensPaperPalace

    ReplyDelete