Monday, August 10, 2009

My First Scrapbook Album ...

... oh, the horror! {Just kidding! Maybe ... ;D}

Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Life on the {Scrap}beach!

I have to confess that I am not super traumatized or embarrassed by my first scrapbook album. Don't get me wrong ~ I laugh when I look through it ~ but it's a happy laugh! The pages are poorly designed, I cut things {like napkins!} into weird shapes with crazy decorative-edged scissors. Basically, there are a lot of weird looking pages. However, the album itself is a treasure because it is a memory for me. I remember making all those pages and how I felt about scrapping at the time. I aso incorporated great memorabilia & the album very clearly shows my scrapping journey.

So, I decided to share this album with all of you! I just uploaded a quick video of my first scrapbook album over on my YouTube Channel. It's pretty short in the time-period it covers ~ maybe the last four months of 2006 or so ~ but it's still quite a bit of fun!



I hope you enjoyed this little trip down Memory Lane with me! Anyone else brave enough to share their first pages?

Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Kathryn...I think it's delightful. The point of all this is that when we look back at our scrapbooks, they'll evoke certain feelings, usually happiness, and we'll enjoy remembering certain moments. I'm a big fan of adding memorabilia/mementos to pages and I still do that. Sure, most scrappers have gotten more sohpisticated, more adept with design, etc. with their books and the products have gotten fancier, but IMO, the purpose hasn't changed.

    Thanks for sharing this with us!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I recently looked at one of my first scrapbooks from 1991. I sat in my scrap room and just laughed. I even looked over some old scrap magazines and laughed some more. I have idea books from the 90's. SCARY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn!!! hee wow woman .. i love your style!! :) your a true scrapper..willing to show the beginning and letting us enjoy your journey with you!! thanks Kathryn!!
    with a grin,
    steffogal1
    http://withagrin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey btw... i love it!! i ENJOYED seeing all the memories !:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks so much, Liz, Vangie & Stephanie! :D It was so fun to look back at my older books & I'm glad you got a kick out of it, too! It was definitely a fun video to do & it gave me some great ideas {really!} for future layouts!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your first albums! Being that I am just beginning my journey it gives me hope! If I get half as talented as you are I will be a happy camper! Thank you for sharing. I will show my first page soon. I made a page or two about Dave and I meeting. Then I got into wedding planning and then straight into the wedding album. I will have to revisit the first page...you will laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, you are an awesome scrapper already & you are having fun, so that's all that matters! As long as you have Finn by your side to help place page elements, the sky's the limit! :D Good luck with the move!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete