Tuesday, June 30, 2009

For All Time

Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Life on the {Scrap}beach!

When I made the 4"x6" "Time" album, I didn't have specific plans for it. I was asked by more than one person what I planned to do with it, so I decided to show you what it looks like now that it has pictures and journaling. I changed the title to "For All Time" and turned it into a wedding album, and you can see the video below:





And since we were all chatting about weddings and wedding albums in the comments on yesterday's post, I decided to share one of my wedding pictures with all of you. This picture is of my wedding cake {a.k.a. the Fertility Cake} and I was so happy with how it turned out:


This lovely photo {which also includes a shot of my bridemaid's bouquet} was taken by Seth Roberts of Captured Movement Photography in Richmond, VA.

Now, I kow you're all wondering why I referred to my wedding cake as a fertility cake. While I was still in Virginia, one of my employees retired and I called the baker who had done the cake for my wedding reception {because it was very tasty, which is not something that can be said for most wedding cakes, in my opinion} to order a cake for the retirement party.

When I called the baker to place the order, he asked me how I had heard of them. So I told him about ordering the cake for my wedding reception. And he said, "Oh! Did you have triplets?"

So I said, "Um...?"

And then he said, "Because a lot of the women who have us do their wedding cakes have triplets."

To which I replied, "Well, no triplets here! Heh heh heh ... so, um, don't you think that's something you should have mentioned before I ordered the cake!?"

Their cakes should totally come with a warning label: eating this cake may cause multiple births. It's probably the only wedding cake bakery that includes Clomid with the eggs and flour. I had to call all the women of childbearing age who had attended my reception to apologize in advance if they experienced an unexpected spike in fertility.

It still tasted good, though.

Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

15 comments:

  1. WHAT!? HAHAHAHAHA

    I hadn't seen the video yet, I will in a minute, but I just gotta ask the burning question: "Was the baker truly serious?"

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Liz, he was TOTALLY SERIOUS! That is the insane part! It was such a weird conversation.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked really good!!:) I always have to find pictures before I make the album, but I'll do like you did. Album first, and then figure out what to do with it. It might be easyer.

    Hilarious story by the way! :D
    ~Marthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marthe! Thank you very much for your lovely comment! :D I make mini albums both ways ~ sometimes I start with pictures and build an album from there, and sometimes I just create on a whim and add pictures later.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Kathryn you are so funny!!!! You should have a stand up act at the local comedy lounge. I'll just have to plan a trip out to Fl. We have to get together :-0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope, if you come down to Miami, we will definitely get together ~ scrapping, drinks, chatting, whatever. I have to suggest waiting a few months, however, as it broiling hot here right now and we have five months left to hurricane season. Whee! As for stand-up comedy, I don't really see it in my future, so I will just have to keep on with my scrapping videos.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would think the baker is opening himself up to possible liability with comments like that! lol
    Loved the time mini revisited, I liked seeing how you adjust the photos - It's still strange to think that way, old dog, and all that...lol!
    I do however have a question about the photo in the video, it appears as if it is on a mug???
    Is that you? What u doing????
    Later,
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if a lot of their former customers do have triplets, it's still such a weird question to ask, I think. That baker was a strange dude. But their cakes were so delicious.

    The photo in the video is not actually on a mug. My photo paper comes on a roll, so my prints curl up into a tube after I print off the photos. That is a picture of me {although I don't look like that nowadays} from last Halloween when I was dressed as a vampire. I've been in the mood to scrap Halloween lately, so I printed some off.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great album. Love all the pics and how you recolored. Didn't know you could do that. Cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Maritza! I was pretty happy with how I recolored the pics to make them look more vintage. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely album, I like it a lot. I'm partial to those sepia tones and girl, you are gorgeous! Was that a Tim Holtz key hole embellie on the cover? Since I'm crazy about minis, I was at Michaels this p.m. as I had the afternoon off from work. Picked up some of those beautiful hardware looking stuff of his and I'm excited to begin using them on my planned minis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Liz! Thank you so much for your lovely compliments on both my album and my looks! :D Yes, that is a Tim Holtz key hole on the cover. I am getting more into hardware type accessories lately. I just grabbed a 7Gypsies estucheon and door pull that I can't wait to use, but I also am kind of saving them for a special project.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's easy to figure out why you want to do Halloween, it's 100+ hotter than hatties outside and your Jonesen for Fall!!!
    I much prefer the beautiful wedding pictures than the psycho vampire crazy picture standing up in the back ground that I can't keep from staring at...lol...how weird am I ;-)
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is heinously hot. My scrapping has slowed way down, too, because the office/scraproom is the room farthest from the HVAC unit and the hottest room in the house. Sometimes it's yucky to be in there.

    You'll be happy to know that I have moved the vampire pictures so they will not be appearing in future videos. Well, until I actually scrap them, that is!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't move it on my account, I think it's cute!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete