Sunday, June 28, 2009

{Scrap}ping Buddies

Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Life on the {Scrap}beach!

I don't have much to report right now, as I am bogged down in a mini album project that alternately makes me want to cry, scream and tear my hair out and I just want to get it done! ::sob:: Do you ever have projects like that? They just steal your creativity and take forever to complete? I don't usually, since I tend to be good about not putting obligations and deadlines on myself, BUT my husband's half marathon album is partially finished and it is just killing me for some reason that all its pieces and parts are strewn about my workspace.

ANYWAY, so I have to get back to it before I lose any and all desire to scrap and spend the rest of the day crying in a corner because the half marathon album won't just scrap itself. Before I go, I wanted to share a little pic with you of my furry little scrapping buddies!



That's Bongo on the left and Hoodwink on the right {with the cup on his head as a makeshift helmet}. They appear to be having some kind of paintbrush duel and maybe were trying to tie each other up with ribbon...? Who understands monkeys? Not me!

They may not be the most coordinated croppers on the block, but they sure are cute!

Kathryn
Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

P.S. Yes, that is a different mat than you are used to seeing from the videos ~ my you blog readers have sharp eyes! The mat in the picture above is a lime green Fiskars self-healing quilting mat I had before my current mat {also a self-healing quilting mat, but from Gingher this time around} and was actually a gift from my {much} younger brother.

Sadly, my Fiskars mat was mortally wounded in the Unfortunate Heat Gun Incident of 2008 and was no longer physically able to perform its duties. It was given an honorable discharge and, last I heard, had retired to Boca.

17 comments:

  1. Kathryn, I love the monkeys! You totally crack me up. I'm glad to know only the mat was wounded, I am still laughing over the spray paint incident. Lol!!! Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oH MY gosh Kathryn.. you make me laugh!! thank you for YOU! Happy Sunday.. and I can't even imagine YOU having a scrappers block. no way. not even. can't be. unreal. NOPE! I see your awesome projects!!

    with a grin,
    steffogal1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy, I love the monkeys, too! Although, to be honest, they haven't been much help with this half marathon album. :( Oh, well, at least they look good doing it.

    Thanks, BonnieRose!

    Happy Sunday to you, too, Stephanie! I don't often get Scrapper's Block, to be honest, but when I do it is a killer! I am forcing myself to complete this album this weekend before it takes over completely and I never scrap again!

    Got to get back to it, ladies! Hopefully the monkeys have finished embossing the grungeboard I left for them

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaah! too cute!!! ur too funny Kathryn!!! put a smile on face for the day!!! thanx!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Mrz. Botello! I'm glad I could provide you with a smile. I certainly think those little guys are adorable! :D

    *BeeCee*, I agree ~ my scrapping buddies definitely have cuteness down! If only they could get embossing and painting added to their list of attributes, they'd be perfect!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Suz!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safety first! That's our scrapping motto around here.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    P.S. Maybe I should get a helmet? Hmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone has to stick up for "SAK." He isn't THAT much younger.

    Regards  —  Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know ... at our age, 8 years is quite a large percentage of our lives. I'm sure soon it won't seem like as big of a gap.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a Bongo and Hoodwink...it would be nice to talk scrapbook and mini-album with someone/thing and have them not look at you like you have grown an extra head!!! lol
    Don't you just ♥ family, it's always the "baby" they step in to protect. If they only knew!!!!
    I think the idea of a helmet with a face mask might just be a wise invest ment for you ----
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Jill, the two of them may not be very chatty, but they are awesome listeners!
    They will nver look at you like you have grown another head.

    My brother does seem a lot younger to me as he will graduate from college less than two months before I leave my twenties behind for good. However, I can see how eight years won't seem like that big of a gap, say, when he is 40 and I am 48.

    The mat was an awesome gift. I believe he went to JoAnn's to get it. And you have to imagine the scene, because my brother is 6'3" and into martial arts and weight lifting and such. So here he is in the quilting section of the fabric store, and he has to call me on his cell phone because he needs to know "self-healing" or "non-self-healing" and which one do I want. Hee! :D He must love me to put up with that sort of thing!

    If I do get a helmet, I will be sure to post a video/tutorial on how to alter/decorate it to make it pretty!

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute monkeys! I think they are adorable but are they like my cat? I know Finn is great when he listens while I shose what to do next or knocks something off my table that he thinks would work on the page but sometimes he can cause trouble! I can imagine those monkeys have the potential to be like curious george and get into your ribbons getting them tangled or mix up your paper storage - make sure you keep an eye on them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, monkeys are always prone to mischief. As in this picture when I left the room briefly to get a drink and returned to find them mid-duel. But they are pretty good helpers if given specific instructions. And kept out of the ribbon drawer. And off the chandelier.

    Sigh.

    Kathryn
    Life's a beach. Scrapbook it.

    ReplyDelete